Thursday 19 August 2010

Surrey League RR at Walliswood

I rode the third cat Surrey League event at Walliswood on Sunday which saw a full field of 60 riders tackle 8 laps of a 7.6 mile circuit (61 miles). The weather was a bit chilly to start but soon warmed up with a fairly strong southerly wind making things tough on parts of the circuit.

My plan for the race was to stay out of trouble for the first 4 laps then try to get involved on what is a fairly lumpy circuit but with no especially tough obstacles.

For most of the race the bunch seemed fairly happy to plod along with various riders happy to ride hard on the parts of the course suitable for an attack but not hard enough to cause any damage.

Annoyingly, as I was loitering at the back feeding, four riders did manage to get away with two eventually getting dropped and the remaining two fighting for the win. I attacked with about five miles to go and stayed out for a few miles until I was brought back for a bunch sprint to decide the remaining places. It’s a shame no one came with me as I reckon with a few riders we would definitely have stayed away as the bunch crawled along A29.

It’s Goodwood on Sunday…

No comments:

Post a Comment